The following is an excerpt from “The Nooner,” an online newsletter from the website “Around the Capitol” which reports on politics and other various stories.
In November, 172 readers (of The Nooner) voted on legislators from each party and were asked to provide a rationale for their votes.
Scott Wilk took two categories:
Most Effective Senate Republican: Scott Wilk (R-Santa Clarita)
– “You can’t put him in a box – pragmatic conservative but willing to work both sides of the aisle.”
– “He is one of the only normal ones. His legislation is thoughtful, substantive and has bipartisan support.”
– “You always know where you stand with him and he takes positions based on where he thinks his district will be.”
“Who Would You Like to Have a Beer, Tea, or Coffee With?” – Senate Republican Scott Wilk (R-Santa Clarita)
– “Smart, interesting and seems like he’d be funny.”
– “Seems like a very reasonable Jeb-Bush-style moderateW conservative.”
– “Wilk has a quick wit and is very funny!”